How often you should get a facial?
It depends on several factors—your skin type, skin condition, skin care goals, budget and age. If you want to take good care of your skin, booking a professional facial once a month is ideal. Why? The skin is a living organ, and it takes about 30 days for the cells to move up from the dermis to the surface, or epidermis, where they flatten out, die, and slough off. Giving it a boost every 30 days is what skin needs to look its best.
A professional facial stimulates that exfoliation process, keeping the skin more toned and youthful-looking. Working with a skin care expert can also get you on a daily skin care routine where you use higher quality products made with ingredients like peptides that will help your skin look its best. The skin care products available in drug stores are often a cocktail of chemicals that don’t really nourish your skin.
Factors That Affect How Often You Should Get a Facial
- Skin Type: There are many different skin types—normal, dry, or oily. If you have oily, acne-prone skin with breakouts, blackheads, and clogged pores, you should get a facial at least every month, perhaps more frequently, until it is cleared out and calmed down. As your skin improves, you can try to stretch it out until you’re on a schedule where your skin stays relatively clean and clear. If you have normal, combination, and dry skin, a facial every month is fine. People with sensitive skin might want to go less often—say every two months to avoid inflaming their skin.
- Skin Condition: The esthetician will alert you to any skin condition you may have, whether it’s dryness, dehydration, redness, blackheads, dull skin, etc. You might come more frequently if you have acne, blackheads, or whiteheads you want to get cleared out. You can also come more frequently if you have skin that would benefit from a series of treatments like peels or light therapy. The schedule will be suggested by your esthetician.
- Skin Care Goals: For the healthiest skin, find a great esthetician early in life, get on a good skin care regime, and follow it. She will tell you about products that are right for you, and alter them as your skin changes. A lot of damage is done due to extrinsic factors (especially the sun) that you can manage with a good sunscreen.
- Age: Younger people without problems like acne and breakouts can get facials less frequently because their skin naturally generates new cell growth faster. When you’re young, the biggest priority is to be on a good skin-care regime, keep the skin clear of blackheads, and have a strategy to deal with breakouts. As you age, your skin care regimen will need some tweaking to help stimulate the growth of collagen. Your skin also benefits from the stimulation and treatments such as peels, light therapy, and microdermabrasion, which remove dead skin and stimulate the growth of new skin cells.
- Budget: Work with your esthetician to prioritize your expenditures—investing in good products is important—and plan a routine. Try to have a facial at least four times a year as the season changes, if you can’t afford to go every month.
Balancing Facial (all skin types)
The perfect facial to preserve and protect the equilibrium of the skin from external aggressors, thus maintaining the natural hydration. All natural fruit derivative products stimulate and firm skin making it smooth and supple.
60 min $ 45
Brightening Facial (dull or dehydrated skin)
This treatment is designed to help deep cleanse and hydrate the skin. It is designed for those with no serious concerns, but whose skin needs a little brightening. It is perfect before a special occasion or as a skin maintenance treatment.
60 min $ 55
Purifying Facial (oily or acne prone skin)
Gentle fruit based products will re-stabilize, hydrate and nourish the skin while controlling the excess oil and acne breakouts.
60 min $ 55
Age-Defying Facial (mature skin)
Intensive treatment that includes application of collagen and hyprocel extract powerful anti-aging products to delay and reduce the signs of aging.
60 min $ 55
Diamond Dermabrasion Facial
Micro dermabrasion is an effective treatment to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, brown spots, scars and acne blemishes.
75 min $ 85
Paraffin Facial (mature skin)
Paraffin wax mask application after applying serum and nutrient-packed creams. This facial is an excellent pore cleanser, skin brightener, wrinkle reducer and an intense moisturizer